Regional consultation for Asia and the Pacific
In preparation of the V Global Conference on Child Labour (South Africa, 2022)
The Regional Consultation will bring together representatives of governments, employers, workers, CSOs, academia, UN agencies and other stakeholders from all countries in the Asia-Pacific region as well as a representative from the government of South Africa.
The main objectives of the Regional Consultation are to:
- Further discuss the thematic focus of the V Global Conference and shape its agenda;
- Review progress made by Member States, including priorities and challenges, since the IV Global Conference on Child Labour (IVGC) which was held in Argentina in 2017, including pledges made on that occasion.
DATES AND LOCATION
13 – 14 December 2021,
The consultation will be in English.
13 December 2021
It will focus on the status of regional key achievements or pledges since IVGC and present regional fact sheets. Relevant presentations and plenary discussions will be given and will cover the results of the pre-conference questionnaire, as well as highlights by Alliance 8.7 Pathfinder Country governments and the ILO’s regional estimates on child labour.
14 December 2021
The focus will be on the region’s main priorities, existing good practices and the inputs for agenda items of the V Global Conference. Technical presentations by experts, break-out groups discussion and pre-conference questionnaire results will support this part.
- Presentations Day 1
- Concept note
- Statistical brief (Southern Asia)
- Statistical brief (Eastern and South-Eastern Asia and the Pacific Islands)
- Pledges made in the framework of the 2021 International Year for the Elimination of Child Labour
- Pledges made at the 2017 IV Global Conference (Buenos Aires, Argentina)
- Buenos Aires Declaration