Tama Farmers Trust
Hold a conference during 2021 in which cooperatives agree on a road map to end child labourRead full pledge
We are taking action!
Get the latest updates through our social channels. Follow us and check the hashtags #our2021pledge and #endchildlabour2021 to learn more about the concrete steps we are taking to end child labour.
On the pledge:
Using the risk assessment and social dialogue technics farmers will be trained in fighting child labour using the same. Combining the Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) risk assessment and Social Dialogue strategies, farmers easily come to terms with the fight against child labour and as a result decent work is enhanced hence this Action Pledge.
On the implementation:
- Development of the road map to end child labour among farmer members
- Validation of the road map with various stakeholders
- Holding of a Cooperative Conference
- Trainings to cooperative members
- Social Dialogue sessions and risk assessment exercises in the communities
- Monitoring of the activities
- Reducing or eradicating the risks
On the impact:
This Action Pledge intends to create decent work among all groups of the labour force in the agricultural sector. Child work might turn out to be child labour and even hazardous child labour once the environment therein is risky. Reducing and removing risks improves the condition from hazardous to a conducive work environment. Once all farms become as decent as per required standards, child labour will be eliminated.