Join the event on December 8 from 2-3:30 pm CET | 9-10:30 pm HKT | 8-9:30 am ET.
Save the Children and The Centre for Child Rights and Business are jointly launching a study called “Opportunities for Businesses to Promote Child Rights in Cobalt Artisanal and Small-Scale Mining”.
This study sheds light on the current situation of children in Cobalt Artisanal and Small-Scale Mining (ASM) communities and the opportunities for companies to improve child rights.
- Florian Westphal, CEO, Save the Children Germany (opening remarks)
- Ines Kaempfer, CEO, The Centre for Child Rights and Business (presentation of study findings)
- Marie-Chantal Kaninda, Executive Director, Head of Corporate Affairs, Glencore (panelist)
- Anna Thinius, Manager Sustainable Supply Chains, Save the Children Germany (panelist)
- David Sturmes, Director of Programmes and Operations, The Impact Facility
- Mark Robertson, Senior Vice President, Communications and Outreach, The Centre for Child Rights and Business (panel moderator)
- Representative from the ILO in the DRC (TBC)
Simultaneous interpretation in English and French will be provided.