Ridma Weerawardena is a recording artist from Colombo, Sri Lanka. You can hear more of his music on his YouTube channel.
Read his story on the ILO website.
Find out more:
- “Let them fly” has been watched over 150,000 times on social media.
- 40,000 children remain in child labour in Sri Lanka, mainly in the service sector.
- They are predominantly in hazardous and at times hidden forms of child labour, posing a challenge to its complete eradication.
- The Government has worked with local and international partners to tackle the issue systematically.
- In 2018, Sri Lanka became a “Pathfinder Country” under the Alliance 8.7 partnership that brings together countries and organizations to reach the UN Sustainable Development Goal of eliminating all forms of child labour by 2025.